Friday, September 21, 2007

About our journey











We are actually neophites in our journey to our daughter. Our log in date is November 2006, so unfortunately we have a long wait ahead of us. How we got to this point is a long story, but I'll try to shorten it. My husband Matt and I have 3 beautiful children, but unfortunately we are only raising 2 of them. Jacob will be 8 in October. He is sweet, loving, a great helper and so excited about his baby sister. I think at this point he does not believe that she will ever come. Logan is also sweet and loving, but can be very stubborn and persistent in getting what he wants. A great quality to have, but makes raising him a little difficult. He is five now and in Kindergarten, and gives his teacher a run for her money. Our son Killian would have been 4 next week. We were blessed with his presence for 10 weeks, until SIDS grabbed him and took him away from us. There are no words to express out grief. But 4 years later, I can accept his presence with us in spirit and memory, though the grief still hit us in waives. Now how we got to China. When Killian was conceived, Logan was 6 months old. He was our wonderful surprise!! My husband and I decided that 3 children was all we could handle and 2 weeks before he passed my husband had a vasectomy. In the Spring of 2006, my husband and I decided that we had room for another child in our life, before this time it was unthinkable. It was too late to complete any fertility treatments to have another child of our own. We decided to look into adopting, because we also wanted daughter. In June the paper chase began.

No comments: